Monday, January 14, 2013

Smolov Week 2 Recap

Smolov pt II

Second week of the Smolov squat program has been a success. I'm definitely starting to feel the challenges of the workout after making a few changes. I underestimated my squat max by 15 pounds (485) because I was unsure if I had the conditioning to make it through the whole program. After week one being a breeze and the first two workouts of week 2 also being quite easy I readjusted my max by 10 pounds (495) to make it more challenging. That little doctor definitely worked. The last two workouts of week 2 were a real challenge!

Tuesday
4x9x365

Thursday
5x7x385

Saturday
7x5x415

Sunday
10x3x440

I also started working in some light upper body, as my elbow is feeling much better now. This week I will be adding in some additional pressing and upper body pulling on Tuesday and Thursday to make sure I can hit my stride after I finish this part of the squat workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment