Friday, October 26, 2012

Band Bench and Shoulder Assistance Work 

Weight 214.2

Band Bench (green jump-stretch bands) - 185 5x3, all with 2 second pause
Dumbbell Forward / Lateral Raise - 35s 3x15
Rope Face Pulls - 3x15
Cable Tricep Pushdowns - 3x15
Tricep Pushups - 3x15

Nothing too exciting today, had a sub par workout. Normally I would use 50% of my bench max in bar weight (which would be 215) then add the bands on top of that. I would also do quite a bit more vertical pressing and tricep work (Barbell military press, close grip bench, bb/db tricep extensions etc), but held back today. My left pec hasn't been feeling right since last Friday where I close grip benched 385 for 2 sets of 5 off a 3" board and then did 315 for 22 reps. Huge DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) right up the side of my chest and in to my left armpit all week, it feels like a deep bruise/strain. Been feeling better the last few days but still decided to play it safe and go real light. Will be using the weekend for rest and be ready for Tuesdays press workout.

Side note: I'm excited because I'm headed to Boston this weekend for the NPC New England to support my good friend and former training buddy Raleigh Gallington. He finished 4th as a light-heavy in 2010, but has been training his ass off since and is looking to steal the show as a heavyweight this year! It's going to be a good time either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment